Full-time Resource Specialist Position Available
Northshore Families Helping Families has an opening for a full-time resource specialist. The resource specialist provides support and information to parents of children with disabilities and adults with disabilities and connects them to programs, services and community resources.
The Resource Specialist position is 35 hours per week and is best suited for a person who has experience navigating disability resources and systems. Health benefits are not available.
Staff members of Northshore Families Helping Families have a family member with a disability. We understand the challenges a family faces and are committed to reaching out to other families with similar experiences.
- Works well in a team environment
- Must have knowledge of resources and supports available to individuals with disabilities and their families in Region 9
- St. Tammany, Washington, Tangipahoa, St. Helena and Livingston Parish
- Recognizes needed supports and services and provides information and/or referrals as needed and/or appropriate to individuals and families
- Continually researches new information and opportunities to assist families
- Has good problem solving skills
- Supports inclusion through all stages and areas of life
- Uses people first language
- Has excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Can take initiative on projects and also collaborate with team members
- Is comfortable with public speaking and giving presentations
- Scheduling and facilitating workshops and trainings for parents and professionals
- Is proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
Preference will be given to applicants with a disability, a family member with a disability, or someone who is a significant caretaker of an individual with a disability.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kathy Dillon: email@example.com or fax to (985) 875-9979 by June 7, 2019.