Northshore Families Helping Families is looking for a few passionate volunteers to join our Board of Directors! NFHF’s governing board is responsible for helping guide the center to enable it to have the maximum impact for the disability community from Slidell to Denham Springs, from Ponchatoula to Greensburg, and from Mandeville to Bogalusa.
NFHF currently has openings on our Board of Directors for the following:
- Parent or family member of an individual with a disability.
- Self Advocate, individual with a disability.
- Community Professionals
The ideal candidates are:
- Passionate about NFHF and the services we provide to the community.
- Interested in the long-term sustainability of our organization.
- Willing to support NFHF in the community.
- Believers of Home and Community-Based Services.
- Understand the importance of inclusion in all facets of life.
- Believe individuals with disabilities deserve a meaningful life.
- Individuals that bring their own personal experiences and expertise to share.
- Must participate in fundraising.
- Can commit at least 5 hours a month to the organization.
- Reside in one of the following parishes: St. Tammany, Washington, Tangipahoa, Livingston, St. Helena.
- Be able to attend monthly board meetings, and committee meetings, when scheduled.
- Attend an annual board retreat. (Saturday event)
- Participate in board giving.
For more information on becoming a board member please email Kathy Dillon at Kdillon@fhfnorthshore.org