Northshore Families Helping Families is looking for a few passionate volunteers to join our Board of Directors! NFHF’s governing board is responsible for helping guide the center to enable it to have the maximum impact for the disability community from Slidell to Denham Springs, from Ponchatoula to Greensburg, and from Mandeville to Bogalusa.
Nonprofit board service is a rewarding joy and privilege of the highest order, and we hope you consider joining us!
NFHF currently has openings on our Board of Directors for the following:
- Parent of a son or daughter with a developmental disability.
- Community Professionals
The ideal candidates are:
- Passionate about NFHF and the services we provide to the community.
- Interested in the long-term sustainability of our organization.
- Willingness to support NFHF in the community.
- Believers of Home and Community-Based Services.
- Understand the importance of inclusion in all facets of life.
- Believe individuals with disabilities deserve a meaningful life.
- Individuals that bring their own personal experiences and expertise to share.
- Willing to participate in fundraising.
- Can commit at least 5 hours a month to the organization.
- Reside in one of the following parishes: St. Tammany, Washington, Tangipahoa, Livingston, St. Helena.
- Be able to attend bi-monthly board meetings (3rd Wednesday of the Month from 5:30 – 7:30 pm) and monthly committee meetings.
- Attend an annual board retreat. (Saturday event)
- Participate in board giving.
For more information on becoming a board member please email Katie Corkern at